Gwella Contracting are looking for a business development coordinator to provide support to the sales team to ensure timely and consistent delivery of business development activities.
The position requires a high degree of organization with the ability to engage with colleagues and clients across all levels of the businesses activities, including senior leadership, to support business development systems, processes, and opportunities. The coordinator is responsible for maintaining the customer relationship management database, preparing related reports, developing/maintaining content and ongoing rapport with the companies new and existing clientbase.
This is an ideal opportunity for an entry level person to learn the asbestos/construction industry and gain knowledge regarding all areas of business development processes.
The job will be based within our head office on the outskirts of Truro.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct daily and weekly monitoring of business opportunities, using online database to identify potential business leads.
- Ensure that the database and pipeline of opportunities are reviewed regularly, and that new information and notifications are updated.
- Assist in the company’s tendering activity, including identifying tender opportunities and preparing / reviewing submissions.
- Contacting existing and prospective clients regarding opportunities.
- Track the success of sales leads and following up unsuccessful proposals to determine future improvements
A great opportunity to develop into a business development manager with the relevant support and guidance whilst initially supporting the business development manager and director
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and a CRM system
- Ability to work independently and flexibly with a strong use of initiative
- Skilled in the use of IT
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Have the persistence to see a job through to conclusion and desire to get past ‘gate keepers.’
- Good client relation and people skills
At least 12 months experience in sales / marketing / business development role OR Degree in a business related discipline.
- 20 days annual leave, plus public holidays
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Option to join the Gwella pension scheme
- In return for your dedication, you’ll enjoy a remuneration package, including contributory pension and bi-annual profit share bonus. You’ll also benefit from working with a great team with fantastic training and development opportunities, with support to achieve your career goals.
Gwella is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Company events
- Company pension
- On-site parking
Monday to Friday
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: From £25,000.00 per year