Our specialist teams undertake cleans to materials which are dangerous to health, such as hexavalent chromium, which can be found in a wide range of industries and used for the following;
- chromate pigments in dyes
- paints, inks, and plastics
- chromates added as anti-corrosive agents to paints, primers and other surface coatings
- particles released during smelting of ferrochromium ore
- fume from welding stainless steel or nonferrous chromium alloys
Workplace exposure to hexavalent chromium may cause the following health effects:
- lung cancer in workers who breathe airborne hexavalent chromium
- irritation or damage to the nose, throat, and lung (respiratory tract) if hexavalent chromium is breathed at high levels
- irritation or damage to the eyes and skin if hexavalent chromium contacts these organs in high concentrations
When undertaking this type of cleaning works it is essential we keep our employees safe and provide them with the relevant personal respiratory and protective equipment. Works are undertaken within secured environments to protect others whilst the work is being undertaken.
Employees are subject to medical examinations, to enable us to monitor the health of our employees to the level of exposure.