£35-40k per annum
As a Business Development Manager with the Somerset, Dorset and Devon team, you’ll identify new business opportunities in order to generate revenue, improve profitability and help the business grow.
Your work will involve careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets, as well as enhancing the operation of the business in our current markets.
You will need to have experience in a Business Development role, with key contacts that you can work with in relation to Gwella’s business activities so that you can be up and running as soon as possible.
Your will be responsible for the following:
• research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, future opportunities, growth to specific regions, clients and partnerships
• seek out the appropriate contact in an organisation
• generate leads and cold call prospective customers
• meet with customers/clients face to face, virtual calls, or over the phone
• develop relationships with customers/clients
• understand the needs of our clients and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
• think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
• work strategically – carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
• draw up and establish potential client contracts
• discuss promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department
• liaise with the Regional Managers and Business Development Director to meet targets and deadlines
• seek ways of improving the way the business operates
• attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
• keep abreast of changes within the areas in which Gwella operate
• help to plan and implement sales campaigns
• create a sales pipeline, working company CRM system (SimPRO)
• negotiate pricing with customers, and suppliers in some cases
• increase sales of the business
• carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to senior management/the board of directors